06/07/2012

PM July 6th Psa 27

July 6th              Psalm 27


A Psalm of David

A Prayer of Praise

1: The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? 2: When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. 3: Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. 4: One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. 5: For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. 6: And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. 7: Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. 8: When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. 9: Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. 10: When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. 11: Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. 12: Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. 13: I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14: Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

 

Psalm 28


A Psalm of David

A Prayer for help

1: Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. 2: Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle. 3: Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. 4: Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert. 5: Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up. 6: Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. 7: The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. 8: The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. 9: Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Psalm 27 & 28 are again Psalms of David. Both of them bring to us a similar sentiment. In Psalm 27 David begins with two statements of faith and asks two questions. The first is that The LORD is the one who is a light to my soul and he is my saviour in the day of trouble – so whom shall I fear? The second statement is The LORD is the strength of my life – therefore, who will make me afraid? Then he describes his day of troubles. He says the wicked, who are my enemies - my foes, attacked me to eat my flesh, but they stumbled and fell. Even if a great army should set up camp opposite me, I will still not be afraid even if they begin a war against me. There is only one thing that I have wanted from the LORD, and that I will seek after, to live constantly in the House of the LORD all the days of my life, so that I may look on the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire of him in his temple. This passage may also have a prophetic significance, because in a future day in the Kingdom, David will have his throne in the Millennial Temple and there he will see the beauty of his LORD – Christ. David continues, because in the time of trouble he will hide me in his pavilion. The Pavilion is the place where the staff of an army met in peace and security prior to battle. David says there he will hide me and in the secret place of his tabernacle I can be hid. The Lord will put be on a place of safety. The Lord will enable me to dominate the surrounding enemies. And so therefore I will offer Songs of Joy to the Lord as a sacrifice to him. Hear my voice, O LORD and have mercy on me and answer my cry. You told me to seek your face early and my heart responded, your face LORD I will seek.  So do not hide your face far away from me and do not put me, your servant, away in anger. You have been my helper, so do not leave me or forsake me, O God who saves me. When my parents forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Teach me the path you want me to follow O LORD and lead me in a plain path because of my enemies. Do not give me up to my enemies because false witnesses have stood up against me and they breathe cruel words. I would have fainted at their words but I believe that I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. So I will wait on the LORD and be courageous because he will strengthen my heart. In Psalm 28 David says similar things. He says, I am going to cry to you O LORD, you are my rock. Do not be silent to me because if you are silent them l will be like those who perish. Hear me when l cry to you, when l lift up my hands to the holy place. Do not draw me away with the wicked who are full of wickedness in their hearts. Judge them according to their sins and destroy them in a desert place. You will do this because you do not regard them or their deeds. May the LORD be blessed, because he has heard my prayers. He is my strength and protector and l am trusting in him. My heart is full of Joy and with my songs l will praise him. The LORD is the strength of his anointed. Save your people and bless your inheritance. Feed them and lift them up forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment