01/05/2014

AM May 2nd John 15

May 2nd The Lord warns of persecution

18: If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19: If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20: Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21: But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22: If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23: He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24: If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25: But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26: But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Christ continues giving his final teaching to the disciples, He says, it’s not certain, but if the world hates you just remember that it hated me first. Then Christ goes on further to explain that they are a group of men chosen out of the world and therefore the world will hate you. If they have persecuted me then they will persecute you. However if they keep my words they will keep your words. All the persecution that you face will be in my name and because they do not know my Father. If Jesus had not come and spoken unto them then they would have not rejected him and sinned in doing so. But now there is no clock to cover their sin of unbelief. Christ said, my ministry and yours will be to fulfil the scripture - They hated me without a cause. When the Holy Spirit comes he will testify of me said Christ. And you will also be witnesses because you have known me right from the start.


  • What does Christ mean by ‘the world’?
  • What is the relation between Christ and the world?
  • What will the Comforter do when he comes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment